|8-12 Hrs trek one side
|16-24 Km one side
|upto 3553 m
|Shri Kedarpuri Ji
Story : Shri Kedarnath Dham
Get blessing of master of cosmic-dance Shri Har Mahadeva Bhagwan Shiva, present in Kedarpuri in form of "Hump of a Bull".
As per legend, around 7500 BC, when famous Mahabharata Yudhha (War) was over, the Pandavas wished to atone for the sins of committing Gotra-hatya, Guru-hatya and Brahmana-hatya during the war. Thus, they handed over the reins of their kingdom to their kin and left in search of Bhagwan Shri Har Shiva and to seek his blessings.
First, they went to the Kashi (Varanasi), the Royal seat of Bhagwan Shiva. But, Bhagwan Shiva wanted to avoid them as he was deeply incensed by the death and dishonesty at the Kurukshetra war and was, therefore, very insensitive to Pandavas' prayers. Therefore, he took a form of a bull (Nandi) and hid in the Himalayas (present day Gharwal-Rudyrapryag and Uttarkashi).
When Pandavas have not found Shiva in Kashi, they went to Garhwal Himalayas. Bhima, the second of the five Pandava brothers, then standing astride two mountains started to look for Shiva. He saw a bull grazing near Guptakashi ( mean hidden Kashi — the name derived from the hiding act of Bhagwan Shiva). Bhima immediately recognized the bull to be Bhagwan Shiva. Bhima caught hold of the bull by its tail and hind legs. But the bull-formed Bhagwan Shri Har Shiva divided his body parts and disappeared into the ground to later reappear at five different places reffered at Panch Kedar, with the hump raising in Kedarnath, the nabhi (navel) and stomach surfacing in Madhyamaheshwar, the arms appearing in Tungnath, the face showing up at Rudranath, and the hair appearing in Kalpeshwar. This region of Panch Kedar is called Kedarkhanda. The Pandavas pleased with this reappearance in five different forms, built temples at the five places for venerating and worshipping Bhagwan Shri Har.
Kedarnath mean- master of grazing field. Shri Kedarnatha is highest jyotirlingam amoung all 12 jyotirlingam. It is situated in Rudrapryag district (Garhwal region) of Uttarakhand. Temple open on Akshaya Tritiya (April-May) and Kartik Purnima (November) of every year. Winter seat of Bhagwan Shri Kedarnatha is Aumkareshwar Temple, Ukhimath.
As you know, after completing the pilgrimage of Shri Har Mahadeva Bhagwan Shiva's darshan, it is an dharmic rite to visit Bhagwan Shri Hari Vishnu, as a final affirmatory proof by the devotee that he has sought blessings of Bhagwan Shiva; we will extend your dharshan to Shri Triyuginaryana dham.
Shri Kedarnatha Yatra 2024
* Opening Ceremony: 13th May 2024 * Tentative
* Booking Open for fixed departure (Economy)-Batch- May-12,20,28; June-Yet to be declared . Other dates will be annouced shortly.
Shri Kedarnath Dham Yatra package: 3 different options to meet your need and fit your budget
1. Eco Batch (Ex-Haridwar)-Fixed Date departure : Book Now
2. Helicopter yatra package (Ex-Dehradun) : Book Now
3. RESERVED Yatra Package (Customised/Custom Tailored/Additional services-train, flight, helishuttle etc.): Book Now
* Yatri opting for Reserved Yatra Package-Economy/Delux/Premium (Cusotmised), please contact us.
*** For Senior Citizens, we offers fully custom tailored Reserved Yatra Package.
* Journey Haridwar-Shri Kedarnathdham-Haridwar only in Small Group Size.
* To avoid any inconvenience, while planning your journey from residence all Yatri should keep two additiional nights-One in Haridwar-before day of pick up and another in Rishikesh/Haridwar on the day of return. Such Extended Stay is inlcuded in Economy Package.
* Contact Us for other details